Chocolate Portobello Soup
4 cups coarsely chopped portobello mushrooms
5 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 qts chicken stock
1 oz finely grated high-quality dark chocolate (75% cacao content)
Pepper, salt and thyme, to taste
1. Toss the mushrooms in 3 tbsp of the oil and either sauté until soft
or roast in a 400°F oven for 30 minutes.
2. Place the remaining oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat.
Add the onion and sauté until slightly browned.
3. Place the mushrooms and onions in a blender with the chicken stock,
pureé and return to the pot.
4. Bring to just below a simmer, then add the chocolate, stirring constantly,
until the chocolate is melted and thoroughly blended.
5. Add seasonings to taste, and serve immediately. (For a particularly pleasing appearance, garnish with a drizzle of Greek yogurt and some extra pepper.)
Serves 4. Analysis per serving: 240 calories, 4.5g protein,
21g fat (4.5g saturated), 2.5g fiber, 11g carbohydrates
Source: Theo Chocolate (www.theochocolate.com)