8 tbsp butter, softened, plus a little more for greasing the pan
1/4 cup xylitol
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup unblanched almond flour
2 tbsp unflavored whey protein isolate
2 tbsp coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 6” round baking pan with butter.
- Beat the butter, xylitol and vanilla extract in a stand mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add one egg at a time while beating, allowing each egg to be fully enveloped before adding the next one.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and beat just until they are incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking pan. Bake about 35–40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the inside of the pan to loosen. Turn the cake out onto a serving plate and cut into 10 slices.
Makes 10 servings
Reprinted with permission from Keto East (Cooking Inspired by Love)